My name is Lysette Offley and I’m a Teacher and Cognitive Hypnotherapist.
Cognitive Hypnotherapy, designed by Trevor Silvester, is a model which allows me to tailor my therapy specifically to the needs of the client by enabling me to draw from a wide range of approaches, including Neuro-Linguistic Programming, John Grinder’s New Code Neuro-Linguistic Programming, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Coaching, Emotional Freedom Technique, Richard Bandler’s Advanced Therapy, Automatic Unconscious Learning. Eye Movement Desensitisation & Reprocessing, Havening and others. Perhaps you’ve heard of some of them?
Could you benefit from Cognitive Hypnotherapy?
If you are genuinely interested in letting go of your problem, and you suspect there is an emotional or psychological component to it, then Cognitive Hypnotherapy is for you.
What is Cognitive Hypnotherapy?
Cognitive Hypnotherapy is significantly different from the traditional schools of Hypnotherapy. We draw on recent discoveries and ideas from Evolutionary Psychology, Positive Psychology, Cognitive theory and NLP and incorporate them into a modern idea of hypnosis to provide a framework for therapy. It includes coaching, CBT and other brief therapies.
My working model:
- We’ve evolved the automatic, unconscious mind to make sense of the world and keep us safe
- Thoughts, behaviour and even medical conditions emerge as a genuine unconscious attempt to fulfil a need and survive life
- Earlier decisions and strategies made automatically by the unconscious may no longer be relevant. Sometimes it makes computational errors
- I help the client’s unconscious mind find a better solution to fulfil the positive intention of that need, that’s better and healthier, and safe for them and OK for everyone else.
- When the unconscious finds an even better solution to the problem, it will adopt it, allowing the old, unwanted one to drop away automatically
Will it work?
Of course nothing is guaranteed. You can never know how far or how fast you are able or indeed willing to achieve your goal, but I’ve been continually amazed by results. See the testimonials page.
I work substantially differently from many other therapists in that I don’t spend the whole of the first session with you, taking your history. Instead, I just need to establish what it is about yourself you’d like to change, and we begin the work immediately.
Also I see you for 2 hours for your first session – plenty of time to make those changes; so much so, that often, just a small handful of sessions are necessary to prompt a change so you can continue your progress towards your goal on your own.
I offer one-to-one personal sessions at my peaceful riverside practice and many clients have travelled long distances to attend (e.g. Bath, Kent, Portsmouth and even the Lake District.) I also offer Skype video calls for those preferring that option.
My teaching skills and experience allow me to create bespoke programmes to help people use their brains more effectively, to get better results at home, at work, at school, college and university.
I’m the founder of Sounds Positive and Genius Material.
Welcome to this, my Sounds Positive website.
I work with high performing individuals who want to stop struggling and start living, both in their personal and professional lives.
Most people don’t realise that they can make simple changes in order to experience a much easier and more fulfilling life. So, drawing on 20 years of teaching and 10 years of delivering brief therapy, I set up my company to change that.
Do you want help to make changes in your own life?
If so, what’s your next step?
How about you email me? Or pick up the telephone and see how I can help?
We will look at what aspects of your life you want to change.
- Maybe it’s an unwanted behavior, or emotions running riot and making life difficult for you.
- Perhaps it’s a difficult medical condition and you’d like help to see just how much improvement you can achieve.
- Possibly, things are generally going well for you, but you’d like to know more about Emotional Intelligence and Effective Communication.
- Might you be interested in my workshops, my self-help programmes, working one-to-one with me or taking Sounds Positive and/or Genius Material into your organisation?
Cognitive Hypnotherapy really works
The Mental Health Review Journal recorded that in a pilot investigation featuring 118 cases of depression and anxiety, 71% reported themselves recovered after an average of only 4 sessions. Using the same measures of effectiveness, this compares favourably with other approaches, such as CBT, obtaining an average of only 42% reports of success.
Find out how I can help you
Get in touch. Telephone +44 (0) 1189 406 226 (UK Office Hours please)
If you’re ready to make those changes, I promise to do everything I can to help you achieve your goals as quickly and as effortlessly as possible.
I don’t know about you, but that Sounds Positive to me!
So, have a look at my website and decide for yourself if Sounds Positive is for you, and if so, please contact me now for your free consultation and find out how Sounds Positive can help you, easily and effortlessly, to stop struggling and start living.
With love and best wishes,
Sounds Positive Cognitive Hypnotherapy
You might be surprised about what Cognitive Hypnotherapy can help you with.
Share and Enjoy